We’re thrilled to be offering a new internship at Golden Key in 2023. Our organization has grown quickly over the past 12 months and we are working hard as a team to develop lots of new ways to support and celebrate our amazing members. Two of the biggest additions have been the launch of Golden Key Academy in 2020 and our GK Discord server in 2023, and we have more exciting events and programs due to launch in the coming year.
We would love you to be part of it! This is a great opportunity to gain skills and knowledge, be part of a busy and vibrant organization, and add valuable experience to your resume.
You are not expected to have an extensive background in the area of the internship, but some existing experience and knowledge in these areas would be welcome. The most important thing is that you bring a positive attitude to the role and a high level of commitment. We’re looking for people with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who are enthusiastic and willing to take on new roles and responsibilities. We are a small but passionate team and it is sometimes necessary to take on extra tasks that might not strictly sit within your job description.
- You do not need to be a Golden Key member to apply. But please note that preference may be given to existing Golden Key members.
- Also, Golden Key is an international honor society with a global team – we are open to taking applications from people anywhere in the world.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in a short and friendly Zoom interview with Golden Key CEO Melissa Leitzell and a member of the GK Marketing Team.
Social Media & Content Internship
Key responsibilities will include (but are not restricted to):
- Managing a weekly content calendar
- Creating social media content (posts, stories, videos) for a range of social channels including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Posting and scheduling social media content
- Community management and engagement
- Creating and managing seasonal social media campaigns
- Managing chapter takeovers of social channels
- Helping to support and train chapter representatives in social media best practices
- Reporting on social media statistics and growth
- Writing and editing articles for the Golden Key blog and for Golden Key Academy
- Interviewing members about their studies and experiences with Golden Key, and turning these interviews into feature articles
- Proof-reading content for Golden Key Academy
- Uploading content to Golden Key Academy
- Liaising with and commissioning stories from GKA Thought Leaders
- Writing copy for Golden Key marketing collateral
- Managing a monthly content calendar
- Working with in-house graphic designer
- Acting as a moderator on the GK Discord server
Some previous experience managing social media for a company, brand or group (such as a GK chapter) and strong familiarity with the key social channels would be preferable for this role.
Strong writing and editing skills are a must, and we are looking for someone capable of working fairly autonomously.
Please also note that preference will be given to applicants with previous experience on Discord, especially as a moderator.
Applications for this role closes Wednesday 4th October, 2023.
Details of the internships:
Length: 12 months, start date tbc.
Commitment: 20 hours per week
Renumeration: Interns will receive a small monthly stipend.