We’re thrilled to be offering new opportunities at Golden Key in 2023. Our organization has grown quickly over the past 12 months and we are working hard as a team to develop lots of new ways to support and celebrate our amazing members. Two of the biggest additions were the launch of Golden Key Academy in September 2020 and Discord in September 2022, and we have more exciting events and programs due to launch in the coming year.
We would love you to be part of it! This is a great opportunity to gain skills and knowledge, be part of a busy and vibrant organization, and add valuable experience to your resume.
You are not expected to have an extensive background in the area of the internship, but some existing experience and knowledge in these areas would be welcome. The most important thing is that you bring a positive attitude to the role and a high level of commitment. We’re looking for people with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who are enthusiastic and willing to take on new roles and responsibilities. We are a small but passionate team and it is sometimes necessary to take on extra tasks that might not strictly sit within your job description.
- You do not need to be a Golden Key member to apply. But please note that preference may be given to existing Golden Key members.
- Also, Golden Key is an international honor society with a global team – we are open to taking applications from people anywhere in the world.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in a short and friendly Zoom interview with Golden Key CEO Melissa Leitzell and a member of the GK Marketing Team.
Marketing Internship (Social Media and Content) – 12 months
Key responsibilities will include (but are not restricted to):
- Collaborating on a weekly content calendar
- Creating social media content (posts, stories, videos) for a range of social channels including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Posting and scheduling social media content
- Community management and engagement
- Reporting on social media statistics and growth
- Proof-reading content for Golden Key Academy
- Uploading content to Golden Key Academy
- Writing copy for Golden Key marketing collateral
- Working with in-house graphic designer
- Acting as a moderator on Discord
Some previous experience managing social media for a company, brand or group (such as a GK chapter) and strong familiarity with the key social channels would be preferable for this role. Strong writing and editing skills are a must, and we are looking for someone capable of working fairly autonomously. Previous experience with Discord would be ideal.
Applications for this role close Wednesday 4th October, 2023.
Details of the internships:
Length: 12 months, starting ASAP
Commitment: 20 hours per week
Renumeration: Interns will receive a small monthly stipend.